1. What is the program?
ATEC’s ELITE 2019 program is designed to identify ATEC member future leaders with the skills and knowledge to sustain Australia’s $45 billion export tourism industry into the future. The program sets a benchmark of excellence for dedicated tourism professionals.
The key outcomes of the twelve week educational and mentoring program are:
- Create an engaged group of emerging leaders who understand the challenges and opportunities of Australia’s export tourism industry and are provided with highly valuable and practical skills.
- Connect the current leaders of the export tourism community with the future leaders of tomorrow
- Combine a strong leadership and professional development course with real life industry issues and case studies
2. Who should apply?
- Dedicated individuals who are passionate about the tourism industry, who wish to develop leadership skills, extend their knowledge of the sector and develop collaborative partnerships with their peers and mentors for long-term networking and support.
- ELITE 2019 invites early to mid-career emerging leaders (approx. 2-3 years industry experience) who are committed to the tourism sector’s success. There is no age limit for this program, but total intake will be limited.
- Participants in the program will come from all sections of the export tourism community: buyers and sellers alike; from inbound tour operators, national/state/regional tourism bodies, tourism SMEs, and large national companies from sub-industries such as accommodation, transport or touring. We look for a range of skills, experience and knowledge.
- The key asset of this program is weaving leadership skills in to real life industry issues and opportunities. The ability to work on real-world industry opportunities and put knowledge gained in to action is hugely valuable, as well as being able to collaborate with industry peers from all corners of Australia.
- Not only do you enhance your leadership skills, you are also provided a senior industry mentor who has been a long-term leader of tourism exports.
3. How many emerging leaders are selected for the program?
There will be no limit to the number of applicants, however each application will be reviewed and assessed by the ELITE 2019 selection panel.
4. How do I apply?
Invitations for nomination will be opening in May 2019. Individuals are invited to nominate themselves, or organisations are encouraged to nominate members of their team who would benefit from inclusion in the program.
5. What time commitment is required from an ELITE Emerging Leader?
If you’re successful, you will need to attend over a 14 week period:
A 90% attendance rate and a demonstrated commitment to your ELITE learning circle group is expected for successful completion of the course.
- 2 face to face sessions (in Sydney or surrounds, TBC): one for program launch at the Pullman Hyde Park on Monday 5th August 2019 (attendance strongly recommended), and one for final presentations and graduation during ATEC Meeting Place in Brisbane from 25-27 November (compulsory to attend).
- 6 learning circle interactive virtual classes focussed on personal leadership skills development, during the same time each fortnight.
- 6 one on one sessions with your mentor (Over the phone/in person/online), during the alternate week you are not attending an online learning circle.
- 4 industry thought leader ‘tourism-talk’ workshops by webinar attendance, viewable as video-on-demand content.
6. When and where will the program be run?
Other than the opening launch in Sydney on Monday 5th August, you will be required to attend Meeting Place to be hosted in Brisbane from Monday 25th to Wednesday 27th November (inclusive) 2019.
The entire program is done via the online learning circle environment, thus there is no barrier to interstate and regional participants or those who travel. You will be asked to commit to a set fortnightly learning circle time and will be assigned a group accordingly. You can choose from either 12-2pm or 3.30-5.30pm allocation during set weekdays - to fit in best with your work schedule.
7. What will the program cost? And what does this include?
AUD$1750 + GST. This is required to be paid prior the Launch event on Monday 5th August 2019.
This includes: YATEC membership in your State Branch, Mentorship from an establised expert inbound tourism export, course materials and facilitation. Plus Launch event registration, Meeting Place Registration for the Welcome Event, one day conference attendance, Graduation/Gala dinner attendance. ELITE participants whom complete the program successfully will be granted with an ELITE alumni badge (digital and pin).
(Please note: Participants are expected to pay travel and accommodation costs when required to be away from their usual base).
8. What content will the program cover?
content, includes 6 fortnightly sessions covering the below topics:
- Your personal brand and digital presence
- The personal leadership toolkit
- Creating business value: the value proposition*
- Innovation and ideas*
- Implementing change positively*
- Optimism and resilience in an ever changing environment*
*Course content will be complimented by webinars from ATEC industry thought leaders with real-life industry case studies
The program will culminate in your small working groups delivering specific and real life industry solution presentations to ATEC member organisations at Meeting Place in late November.
Graduates will be presented certificates and recognition at the Meeting Place gala dinner in Brisbane.
9. I’m already attending Meeting Place - how does being an ELITE participant affect this?
As an ELITE participant you will be required during Meeting Place (Brisbane) as follows:
- Monday 25th November: From approx 10am till 5.30pm to prepare and present your Team’s Project.
- Monday night: Welcome Event from 6pm at venue to be announced soon.
- Tuesday 26th November: From 9am till midday, for a half day ‘Wrap Up’ of the Program. After which you will join the Conference sessions till 5.30pm.
- Please note: If you wish to engage in the B2B appointments, (as either an additional delegate $350pp +GST or as a full delegate $600pp) you will be able to do so on the Wednesday 27th.
- Tuesday night: YATEC and ELITE Party-venue to be announced soon (Ticket price not included in the participation registration).
- Wednesday 27th November: Either engaging in the B2B workshop session from 9am till 1pm or free time to explore the destination. After lunch join the Conference sessions till 5.30pm.
- Wednesday night: ELITE Graduation Certificate presented at the Meeting Place Gala Dinner to be hosted at the Howard Smith Wharf from 6.30pm.
ELITE- PROUDLY SPONSORED BY TOURISM AUSTRALIA AND HOSTED BY AUSTRALIAN TOURISM EXPORT COUNCIL PROGRAM